Thursday, May 5, 2011

Excited about Google I/O 2011

I'm really excited about going to google I/O 2011 :-)

Just the fact that I get the opportunity to attend google I/O is a total God thing. Also thanks to john and Pam for helping make that possible!

I have a few ideas of what will go down at I/O.

First I think it is pretty obvious that the keynotes will be all things android and all things web and chrome os.

Android keynote:
I'm confident they will announce ice cream sandwhich which is supposed to join android 2.3, android 3.0, and google TV. I think they will focus on the advantages of build once run anywhere. Also I think Sony will have a big presence with the xperia play, PlayStation network, and google TV.

Web/chrome os keynote:
I think they will focus on html5 like last year but quickly shift gears to the power of chrome os.

Gifts:
I think they will gift lots of gear this year. My obvious guesses are a tablet either xoom or the rumored nexus tablet or the Asus transformer and for a phone the sprint nexus s. I also think Sony will gift the Verizon xperia play to help push their dev network. And finally think it is very possible to also get a google TV device and a chime os laptop. That's a lot of stuff but the possibilities are limitless.

Afterparty:
They have already announced the fun for the afterparty. I'm confident it will be an awesome night. I really wish u could be there christian.

The sessions I'm interested in:
I'm very excited about all of the Geo google map sessions. I'm also interested about cloud robotics. And I'm sure I'll try to hit a few android and HTML courses.

All in all it should be a wicked Awesome time to reflect and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment